[ros-dev] Re: [ros-svn] [ion] 20554: - Fix shamefully dangerously broken Work Thread/Queue/Item implementation:

Hartmut Birr osexpert at googlemail.com
Sat Jan 7 09:31:47 CET 2006

Alex Ionescu wrote:
> Hartmut Birr wrote:
>
>> The real problem is,
>> KiAbortWaitThread is called for a thread which does not waiting.
>>

> Ok, since this happened after my worker thread patch and they use
> kernel queues, I reviewed their implementation and found a number of
> important flaws.. wether or not they cause this problem I can't tell
> for sure, but I've also added a debug print before the
> KeAbortWaitThread call... let me know if this patch fixes anything or
> if the dprint shoes that the thread isn't really waiting.
>
> Best regards,
> Alex Ionescu

I've test your changes (r20579 with r20601,20605,20606).
KeAbortWaitThread is called for waiting threads only. But I'm running in
another problem. Compiling ros on ros (with the nice parameter '-j2')
hangs after some time. If I look to taskmgr or ctm, only the idle thread
consumes cpu power. Sometimes I can stop the compiling with Ctrl-C,
sometimes not. I wasn't able to compile ros on the smp machine. On the
up machine, one of four compile runs does finish.

- Hartmut