[ros-dev] Patent on FAT

nitro2k01 nitro2k01 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 11 12:54:07 CET 2006

I haven't seen the patant documents, but doesn't this mean that any
file system which stores both long and short file names on the same
volume would be theoreticlly affected?

                                       /nitro2k01

On 1/11/06, Casper Hornstrup <ch at eudicon.com> wrote:

> The patent is about storing short and long filenames on the same volume.
>
> In theory ReactOS violates that patent, but the patent has yet to be proven
>
> valid (as with many other technology patents). To fix it, we can make the
>
> support for this optional, so people in countries who honour US patents can
>
> disable the support.
>

> Casper

The blog  of nitro2k01: <http://soundandcomplete.blogspot.com/>
Saliga äro de som kan stava till 2k01!        Sniphpha sniphph!