[ros-dev] Could someone look at bug 1263?? Please?

Gregor Anich blight at blight.eu.org
Wed Jan 11 13:36:31 CET 2006

On Tuesday 10 January 2006 19:29, WaxDragon wrote:
> On 1/10/06, Gregor Anich <blight at blight.eu.org> wrote:
> > IIRC it was broken by Alex over 10 months ago and he never fixed it.
>
> I appreciate you giving me an approximate time frame to find the
> regression.  However, I think this has moved beyond "who broke it".
> Neither you or Alex seem interested in fixing it, thus the bug filed
> and the plea on our public mailing list.
>
> WD
> --
> <Alex_Ionescu> it's like saying let's rename Ke to Kernel because
> people think it's Ketchup

IIRC/AFAIK it was caused by Alex' dispatcher "rewrite" around february last
year. I told him that it breaks KDB in various ways, but he said "my code is
correct - fix yours"

I know that KDB has taken wrong assumptions about other parts of the kernel (i
took those assumptions from reading the reactos source code and trying to
understand how it works)...

Now Alex comes and sees that ReactOS is internally doing something different
than windows... he changes behaviour to windows one, without changing/fixing
the components which depended on the previous, non-100%-correct, behaviour.

I got tired of finding new fixes/workarounds for all those changes....