[ros-dev] Patent on FAT

Rick Langschultz rlangschultz at cox.net
Wed Jan 11 13:43:47 CET 2006

If M$ is demanding royalties for FAT I think dropping FAT support
would be a great thing. have you ever tried to cd to a directory in
dos or linux with filenames TESTFI~1.TXT through TESTFI~9.TXT. That
can get quite annoying...

DROP FAT as the standard and adopt another FS before M$ decides to
get ugly...