[ros-dev] Patent on FAT

Rick Langschultz rlangschultz at cox.net
Fri Jan 13 07:08:43 CET 2006

I would rather pay the fees, as a developer I get to try new
software, older software, and then decide. I would rather see ReactOS
use something more stable than FAT or FAT32. XFS, EXT3, or Reiser
would be better choices for file systems. However I understand that
developing a Virtual File System to access those other file systems
would be complex and take weeks, months, if not years to do.

I would rather not use Microsoft Software at all. That is why I
bought an Apple computer at least they are stable and don't BSOD when
installing new drivers, software, or browsing the net.

Instead of $.35 for an ISO image why not just round up the the
nearest dollar? This would allow ReactOS to pay Microsoft for more
copies as well as returning more profit to the group... Plus my bank
charges me for transactions online. It sucks but to be charged 1
dollar for a .35 cent download is ridiculous.

i choose to keep software free while maintaining IP.