[ros-dev] Patent on FAT

Wesley Parish wes.parish at paradise.net.nz
Fri Jan 13 10:45:35 CET 2006

On Sat, 14 Jan 2006 03:16, Simon Cornelius P. Umacob wrote:
> Richard wrote:
> >  Which would you rather have, pay a
> > small fee to use the patented features or not use the patented features
> > at all?
>
> Fight or disregard the patent? :)

We should ask the FSF for their opinion on this matter - I think Moglen's
likely to come up with some better ideas than I for one, can come up with.

And as I said, the idea of long file names - hidden in a separate file - was
in use for at least 5 years before Microsoft came out with MS Win95.  So the
patent is bogus, fraudulent and more an attempt to bail people up like
highwaymen and rob them than anything to do with legitimate business.

Talk to Moglen - this is what he's trained for, after all.

Wesley Parish

-----
Mau e ki, he aha te mea nui?