[ros-dev] Strange Stretch Problem

Sebastiaan Roodenburg reactos at sbroodenburg.nl
Mon Jan 16 15:24:43 CET 2006

Hi All,

I think the problem is caused by a bug in NtUserPaintDesktop in
/trunk/reactos/subsys/win32k/ntuser/desktop.c

The NtGdiStrechBlt on line 1277 uses the clipping box (Rect) to determin the
destination with and hight of the background, but no actual clipping is
preformed. A quick fix (hack?) for the problem would be changing the
"Rect.right" to "sz.cx" and "Recht.bottom" to "sz.cy". This would update the
entire desktop background on every request (just like the Tile and Centre
moduses do).

(I don't have a build environment set-up, so i can't test this suggested
fix, sorry)

Regards,

Sebastiaan