[ros-dev] Bye bye

Jason Filby jason.filby at gmail.com
Wed Jan 18 19:07:55 CET 2006

Hi all

According to our project's legal policy document, reverse-engineering
is allowed to study the internals of Windows, but cannot be used as
the basis to write code for particular functions.

What we haven't defined is the process of what happens when someone
suspects that our policy has been violated. I think now is a good time
to do that. I also don't think the offender - even if proven guilty -
should be kicked out of the project (at least not for a 1st time
violation). The code, however, should be removed and rewritten.

If we don't act on this then the problem will only fester and may be
the end of the project one day.

Hartmut: I think you need to come forward with your investigations
results as Steven asked. Whether or not you come back (I hope you do),
we can't ignore this.

Cheers
Jason