[ros-dev] Re: [ros-svn] [mbosma] 20952: Delete libjpeg because sedwards and greatlord thought we should wait with jpeg support until the patent expired. If someone got a different opinion please take the issue to ros-dev.

mf mf at mufunyo.net
Fri Jan 20 18:05:11 CET 2006

Hi folks,

 > Delete libjpeg because sedwards and greatlord thought we should wait
with jpeg support until the patent expired. If someone got a different
opinion please take the issue to ros-dev.

 > Deleted files:
 > vendor/libjpeg/

I hereby "take the issue to ros-dev", because I have a different
opinion. ReactOS is filled with patented (to more and lesser extent,
ranging from SEH to scrollbars, I kid you not) features, and I believe
it is hypocritical to simply remove one of them. I don't know the
details on the libjpeg patent, but I do know that linux distributions
use libjpeg as well, and I haven't seen them remove it yet. I officially
request a vote to revert this commit.

Thanks for reading,

mf.