[ros-dev] New Setup system

Alex Ionescu ionucu at videotron.ca
Sun Jan 29 01:35:28 CET 2006

You must've misunderstood/confused AIK/XIMAGE with the Vista installer
itself. I was not referring to the fact that Vista copies the entire
image system partition and installes from there. The new installer
technology allows a product to be split in any number of dependent or
independent packages, which each OEM can decide on what to include.
These packages can also be used to create a CD that has 5 Windows
versions, with one "Base" package, the other packages being simply the
different files. While Vista doesn't use this to its full potential (at
least yet), nothing stops us from using it fully, and it would allow
exactly this kind of debian packaging.

AIK itself is an administrator's dream, both from the installation
viewpoint, as well as to being able to setup post-install patches/tools
as part of the .XIM. It also supports internet updating.