[ros-dev] Undocumented APIs

Jonathan Wilson jonwil at tpgi.com.au
Tue Jan 31 14:43:18 CET 2006

> According to the legal repercussions that came about from the first MS//US DOJ
> lawsuit there are to be _no_ undocumented function calls within the Microsoft
> operating systems. If you are worried about function calls from the older
There are MANY function calls inside even the most basic low-level
libraries for which no documentation exists.
For example, in user32.dll is the function RegisterUserAPIHooks. That is
totally undocumented.

That is just one example.
However, it is one of the many undocumented functions that only exist to
allow components of windows to talk to each other (in this case it exists
only to allow uxtheme/comctl32 to hook user32 and do non-client-area themeing).
The question is, do we implement such functions?