[ros-dev] Undocumented APIs

Thomas Weidenmueller w3seek at reactos.com
Tue Jan 31 16:30:51 CET 2006

Robert Shearman wrote:
> If you think a driver or application will depend on something then you
> can write a test program/driver and include it in the ReactOS tree. That
> would seem to satisfy the requirements. Black box testing is also
> "cleaner" (and usually faster) than clean-room reverse engineering.

I'm perfectly ok with that. I don't have problems providing tests for
the stuff I implement(ed).

I may have missed parts of the discussions because I'm a bit short on
time, so I apologize. It just seemed that unless a 3rd party application
exists it could never be OK to implement something (more or less)
undocumented.

- Thomas