[ros-dev] Undocumented APIs

David Hinz post.center at gmail.com
Tue Jan 31 20:06:16 CET 2006

Alex Ionescu schrieb:
> Casper Hornstrup wrote:
>

>> Since when is ReactOS aiming to be a Windows clone?
>>
>> Casper
>>

> I'm sorry, that's the way Steven (and others) always called it at
> conferences/IRC channel.
I personally also prefer this, as it is easier than saying "ReactOS aims
to be an OS that is binary compatible to Windows applications and
drivers" and I think we are somewhere between these two things.
ReactOS is similar to Windows NT, but not a clone and shouldn't be one.

As Steven Edwards already said "Linux is not a Unix clone, its a Unix
replacement" but most people say Linux is a UNIX clone, just because
it's easier.

> Best regards,
> Alex Ionescu

Greets,