[ros-dev] Undocumented APIs

Steven Edwards winehacker at gmail.com
Tue Jan 31 21:52:17 CET 2006

On 1/31/06, James Tabor
<jimtabor at adsl-64-217-116-74.dsl.hstntx.swbell.net> wrote:
> Yes we are going off mission and out of focus. I hope my prediction is not
> going to be true.

The goal has always been a windows like OS. The question is how
windows like do we have to be? Should we not used BSD tcp/ip? Or Linux
USB? What about Mesa3d for our OpenGL implementation? If someone can
prove a good case for the internals needing to be 100% the same then
sure we can do it. I'll give you a good example, look at the cache
manager. There is no doubt in my mind we need to follow the spec as
closely as possible in that case however can the same be case be made
for the scheduler? Seeing as even Linux can run Windows applications
and handling Windows threading requirements I don't know if such a
case can be made with it. In every case all we are saying once again

1. Show a Document describing what you want to implement
and or
2. Show a app/driver needing the API

--
Steven Edwards - ReactOS and Wine developer