[ros-dev] Grievous and unwarranted mistreatment by a senior operator of the IRC channel

Steven Maddox (Cyorxamp) s.maddox at cyorxamp.info
Tue Jul 11 18:39:41 CEST 2006

Nathan.......

> Coming into an IRC channel and telling us that we need to completely
> rethink our project is the height of stupidity and thoughtlessness.

If you had read the log properly you will see that I suggest any 'cross
kernel' idea to be an after thought that could perhaps be tried separately

> on top of that, you suggest these changes but seem to have no concept of
> what would actually be possible and what would not be possible for an
> Operating System to perform.

Your opinion, not mine

> And, in addition, you didn't offer to help
> at all

I did, I need to brush up on a few things, but I would be more than willing

> you simply started telling us that our project would be crap if
> we didn't do what you wanted us to.

Show me where I said that

> I don't mind good, constructive suggestions, but a 2-3 hour argument
> which serves no purpose whatsoever just seems to be a little bit too
> much.

Not an argument, a debate... one I found quite constructive

> Also, I would hardly call what you received "mistreatment". In my
> opinion, you should have been kicked/banned from the channel long before
> you were. Not for making a suggestion, but for trolling the channel and
> flaming those who didn't agree.

I was not trolling, I was discussing... go learn the difference

> I suggest you read this:
> http://www.onlinenetiquette.com/netiquette_101.html

Not thank you, your advise seems quite biased

The same points apply to you Daniel Reimer

Steven Maddox
(Cyorxamp)

Cyorxamp
http://www.cyorxamp.info