[ros-dev] desk.cpl appearance tab

Timo Kreuzer timo.kreuzer at web.de
Sat Jul 29 16:55:16 CEST 2006

Hi,

Some time ago, I thought about implementing the appearance tab of the
desk.cpl, to allow some basic theming.
This is what I've done so far:

http://static.flickr.com/76/200954523_5f103460fd_o.png

On win XP you can change and apply the colors correctly. Fonts / size is
not yet implemented, nor loading of themes from the registry.

But it doesn't work on ROS.
On 0.3.0 RC1 the ColorPicker dialog doesn't work at all. On trunk you
can at least change the color by editing the values.
But they are not applied and either not saved to the registry (regedit
always crashes) or not loaded from registry at startup.
The color button on the background page doesn't work either.

1.) Is loading of syscolors from the registry already implemented? Is
someone going to do it in the near future?

2.) How should storage of themes be done on ROS? Exactly the same way XP
does it (Control Panel\Appearance\New Schemes\xx\...) or in a ROS
specific way?
On XP Scheme names are stored in themeui.dll, I think this is pretty
complicated and is only needed for systems with users having different
languages.

Greetings,
Timo