[ros-dev] ULONG vs. SIZE_T

Myria myriachan at cox.net
Mon Jun 5 04:11:25 CEST 2006

I've noticed that in the ReactOS source code, there are many places where a
parameter or structure is ULONG when it should really be SIZE_T.  Using
ULONG instead of SIZE_T is not portable.  It will be difficult to port
ReactOS to x64 and Itanium in the future because of this.

I think the project should stop the bleeding by requiring all new code to
make proper use of ULONG versus SIZE_T.  This does mean going against the
documentation of native syscalls on the Internet, but it must be done
sometime.

Of course, I'm not really part of the project...

Melissa