[ros-dev] [ros-diffs] [ion] 22649: - Lesson One: Don't revert commits b ecause your eyes are inventing the word "copyright". I tried really hard, I really did, but I could not find even the word "copy", much less "copy right". - Lesson Two: What do you know! En a

Alex Ionescu ionucu at videotron.ca
Tue Jun 27 16:23:19 CEST 2006

Murphy, Ged (Bolton) wrote:
> This is still James' code, it's just been moved out of sol.rc and into a
> separate file.

His code is Public Domain... And De.rc was EmuandsCo.

> My point was, if someone translated my code and named themselves as the
> programmer (ok, not using the word copyright) it would p!ss me off a little
> bit.

I think you're mising the point that "Programmer" is supposed to mean
the "Person who wrote this file" ie, the owner. And yes, Emuandco did
write those two files.

> I wasn't having a go at anyone, my commit message was entirely civil and
> just correcting something which seemed wrong to me. God only knows why
> you've taken offence, or needed to revert to belittling.

Probably because on the IRC channel you went all "hahah!! LOL @
EmuandCo!!!" which I found extremly disrespectful attitude for someone
who just commited his first patch and tried to respect our header rules.
(Putting him on a pedestal and then bashing his change).