[ros-dev] build error with RoseBE on Fedora 8

kevin yin kevdmx at gmail.com
Fri Dec 14 02:54:21 CET 2007

Hi,Colin Finck:

I rebuild RosBE-UNIX using the experimental binutils.tar.bz2 package, it
works well.

there is the output on the console, thank you!

[root at YINSG664A RosBE-Unix-0.3.6]# ./RosBE-Builder.sh
*         ReactOS Build Environment for Unix-based Operating Systems          *
*                                 Builder Tool                                *
*                      by Colin Finck <mail at colinfinck.de>                    *
*                                                                             *
*                                Version 0.3.6                                *

This script compiles and installs a complete Build Environment for building ReactOS.

Checking for the needed tools...
Checking for bison... OK
Checking for flex... OK
Checking for gcc... OK
Checking for g++... OK
Checking for grep... OK
Checking for makeinfo... OK
Checking for GNU Make... OK

Installation Directory
In which directory do you want to install it?
Enter the path to the directory here or simply press ENTER to install it into the default directory.
[/usr/RosBE]

The directory "/usr/RosBE" does not exist. The installation script will create it for you.

Ready to start
Ready to build and install the ReactOS Build Environment.
Press ENTER to continue or any other key to exit.

Building...
Extracting mingw-runtime... OK
Extracting w32api... OK
Extracting binutils... OK
Configuring binutils... OK
Building binutils... OK
Installing binutils... OK
Cleaning up binutils... OK
Extracting gcc... OK
Configuring gcc... OK
Building gcc... OK
Installing gcc... OK
Cleaning up gcc... OK
Extracting make... OK
Configuring make... OK
Building make... OK
Installing make... OK
Cleaning up make... OK
Extracting nasm... OK
Configuring nasm... OK
Building nasm... OK
Installing nasm... OK
Cleaning up nasm... OK

Final actions
Compiling buildtime... OK
Compiling cpucount... OK
Removing unneeded files... OK
Removing debugging symbols... OK
Copying scripts... OK
Writing version... OK

Finished successfully!
To create a shortcut to the Build Environment on the Desktop, please switch back to your
normal User Account (I assume you ran this script as "root").
Then execute the following command:

  /usr/RosBE/createshortcut.sh

If you just want to start the Build Environment without using a shortcut, execute the
following command:

  /usr/RosBE/RosBE.sh <path/to/your/ReactOS/source/directory> [<optional color code>]

Kevin Yin