[ros-dev] 0.3.4 release

James Tabor jimtabor.rosdev at gmail.com
Thu Dec 27 00:23:15 CET 2007

Hi!
The problem could be shell32,, the abuse is there with cache icons.
Always assume "wine is not enough!"

Now with patch 31301, I noticed the use of GDIOBJ_SetOwnership. It is
set with null and makes it inaccessible to all PID's until it is set
to an owner from kernel space. This could be what is locking in the
handles since any other process could not access or remove them after
an exception failure.

 I hate GDIOBJ_SetOwnership and I'm in the process of rewriting it. I
would like to create a memory pool where we can use as share memory
w/o the need of re/allocating virtual memory everytime we change
ownership with Gdi Attr Objects. When ReactOS sets ownership null, the
code frees the _Attr memory and there is a hole. Windows, ownership
was made "Public" sets the Object and Attr to read only. The plus side
would be, after a ReleaseDC "Cache DC" the user application could
still read the Dc_Attr space and fix many of the User32_winetest
results.

Based on tests, there are three modes, None aka NULL, Public and
pOwned. Every time ownership changed there is a freeing and allocating
of Attribute "VM". I assume there is a NULL Pid (inaccessible, no need
to have _Attr) and Public Pid (reallocate VM read only _Attr).

I'm open to any ideas!
James