[ros-dev] A slightly more aggressive mm patch

art yerkes ayerkes at speakeasy.net
Mon Jan 29 04:10:09 CET 2007

http://www.superheterodyne.net/reactos/freelist_remove_type.diff

This removes the redundant notion of .Flags.Type in freelist, and leaves only
the non-redundant MM_PHYSICAL_PAGE_BIOS.  MM_PHYSICAL_PAGE_FREE is reported
when the page has a 0 reference count and MM_PHYSICAL_PAGE_USED is reported
when the reference count is nonzero.

A function, MmGetPageType is added to replace the old functionality.

Init memory being freed seems to cause a lot of grief.  I'm going to see if
there's a way to decentralize how those pages are set up, given that the
method used to dispose of them is spread out too.
--
Discordant is the murmur at such treading down of lovely things while
god's most lordly gift to man is decency of mind.  Call that man only