[ros-dev] [ros-diffs] [fireball] 27202: - Finally, removing frame pointer was a bad idea (think of exceptions / etc).

Alex Ionescu ionucu at videotron.ca
Tue Jul 3 21:01:40 CEST 2007

In case anyone wonders why I bitched about having them all under one file,
it's because rtl/crt is a shared library shared by many other components.
Just like the MS (and even Wine) CRT is split up in several files, so must
the RTL "crt" functions. The reason is because the static linking process
works per object module, and not per function. That means that if FreeLdr
only uses "sin" once, it will include the code of whichever file "sin" as
in. If sin was in sin.asm, then only sin.asm gets included in FreeLdr. If
sin is in "trig_mem_compression_and_other_5MB_large_routines.asm" then all
those 5MB of code get included into FreeLdr, even if it only calls a 10 byte
function inside it.