[ros-dev] GPLv3 Migration - flamewar warning

Thomas Weidenmueller w3seek at reactos.com
Tue Jul 3 21:48:41 CEST 2007

Alex Ionescu wrote:
> I also refuse to license any of my code to GPL 3.

While you (and I) may not want to do this, anybody else is free to
license our code under the GPL 3 because we explicitly granted them the
right to do this. The question is just whether we (the original authors)
want to switch to version 3 ;)

"If the Library specifies a version number of this License which applies
to it and "any later version", you have the option of following the
terms and conditions either of that version or of any later version
published by the Free Software Foundation.  If the Library does not
specify a license version number, you may choose any version ever
published by the Free Software Foundation."

- Thomas