[ros-dev] ReactOS doesn't compile well

carlo.bramix carlo.bramix at libero.it
Mon Jul 9 11:24:29 CEST 2007

Hello,
it looks like something wrong happens when I compile ReactOS.
I also did a complete clean and a make for a total rebuild, but I'm still having problems.

I saw the first problem when I tried to test Regedit after committed changes.
The tree window and the listview window aren't visible (or they aren't created successfully, I didn't check this yet).
I tested that executable into WinXP and those child windows aren't visible too.
So I did these steps:
1) I compiled Regedit with Visual C and I verified that it worked fine.
2) I grabbed regedit.res and I manually generated regedit.coff with "windres -i regedit.res -o regedit.coff".
3) I launched "make" again and it regenerated regedit.exe.
This last regedit.exe works fine and it has all child window controls visible. It's really a problem when generating te coff file from resources.

I also saw a possible second problem when compiling.
Some compilation of '.coff' files failed.
On the console I read some messages like this one:

[WRC]      obj-i386\dll\win32\comdlg32\rsrc.coff
<built-in>:0: fatal error: when writing output to : Invalid argument
compilation terminated.

Actually I'm using RosBE 0.3.6 but I never got such problems with previouses svn versions of the sources.

Sincerely,

Carlo Bramini