[ros-dev] Using ROS cmd.exe with pipes

SqUe Squarious squarious at gmail.com
Wed Jun 20 17:46:30 CEST 2007

Hi I am trying to use the cmd.exe of reactos (on Windows!) with redirected
stdin/out/err. What I try to make is a remote shell application over
internet, and this is an important requirement for me, that it will work
with reacto's cmd.exe.

I have build a test program that will redirect locally. open the process (
cmd.exe at least for now) and will forward output on a EditBox. The whole
process works quite well with the cmd.exe of M$ Windows but its buggy with
the cmd.exe of reactos. More specifically when I start the redirection I
just get the current path and ">" usual prompt, but after that, the
communication gets unresponsive. Whatever I send, there will be no return
messages.

I attached the test project, and I would like to advice me if there is a
better approach that will work for ROS cmd.exe too.