[ros-dev] Notepad-Icon is from Windows Vista!

Gabriel Eggleston aranth at gmail.com
Tue May 1 20:20:15 CEST 2007

I've been lurking for a while, but I'm running Vista right now so I
figured I might as well pipe up and clear up a few things here.

On 5/1/07, theUser BL <theuserbl at hotmail.com> wrote:
> - In Vista you can not run DOS-programs. But in C:\windows\system32 there
> are files like edit.com and edlin.exe. But if you want to run it, there
> comes a window: That there eixting a problem with this programs. If you want
> to continue or abort. If I choose contine, then Vista hangs up.

They run fine for me on 32-bit Vista Business...

> - the happy colors of XP don´t existing there. All is in black. Black here,
> black there. The only other look and feel is the look of Win2000.

You can change the colors of Aero Glass (although in the case of the
taskbar it only gives a colored tint to the black...) and if you turn
off Aero Glass, the default fallback is "Vista Basic", which is light
blue and more similar to the XP style.

> - The icons on the desktop are all very big, for me too big.

Right-click, View -> Classic Icons.

> In the explorer on the other side the icons are per default small, that you
> can´t see what a symbol it is ... 16x16 or so icons.

Use the "Views" slider to resize these icons.

-Gabriel