[ros-dev] Regarding new rbuild module type "ElfExecutable"

Marc Piulachs marc.piulachs at codexchange.net
Tue Sep 4 14:05:24 CEST 2007

Hi,

I have been reviewing last changes introduced in rbuild to support the
powerpc version and I don't understand the new module type "ElfExecutable".
Can anyone explain me why is it necessary?

Looking at the source code I can see that this module type is really similar
to the "BootLoader" module type (they produce the boot executable) since
rbuild already knows the architecture being build I can't see the difference
between both

Also , from my point of view the .rbuild files should contain only abstract
information about the build process and not particular one about an
architecture or a format type to be used , that's rbuild.exe job , produce
the apropiate makefile using all the information available.

Marc