[ros-dev] Kernel streaming header mess / GUIDs

reactos-development at silverblade.co.uk reactos-development at silverblade.co.uk
Thu Sep 27 20:01:33 CEST 2007

Hi,

Alex nudged me in IRC about this, but sadly I've not quite figured this out
yet.

It appears my definitions for Kernel Streaming GUIDs are not quite right.
This results in ugly code like so:

--
const GUID foo_audio_category = STATIC_KSCATEGORY_AUDIO;
DoSomethingWithTheGuid(&foo_audio_category);

Which consequently results in a barrage of compiler complaints about brace
initialization.

It should be possible to just do:
DoSomethingWithTheGuid(KSCATEGORY_AUDIO);

I'm clearly going wrong somewhere in KS.H or KSMEDIA.H but to be honest am
blind to whatever is causing the problem.

If anyone can figure out what I'm doing wrong here, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks.

-Andrew