[ros-dev] Developer blog

Zachary Gorden drakekaizer666 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 14 10:27:28 CEST 2008

Sending this to both mailing lists as I don't know how many developers are
actually subscribed to the web list.

For some time now, the blog on the ReactOS site hasn't been used.  When I
asked if Aleksey was against putting up a "preview" of sorts on the front
page in an attempt to revive it, some of the developers such as Ged pointed
out no one really used it anymore and a few already had their own blogs and
didn't want to maintain two.  Ged has already moved to remove the link in
the quick menu, though no formal decision has been made yet (the link is
still there until a refresh occurs, though we might end up restoring it
anyways).

I personally believe the blog could be quite useful, even if its current
form changes.  An alternative would be an aggregation of the RSS feeds from
the blogs maintained by each ROS developer, assuming they have a blog.
However, there may be developers who do not wish to maintain their own blog
or want to keep their ROS bloggings separate and want to make use of the
system integrated in the CMS.  Any thoughts?