[ros-dev] Alternate shell?

Martin Fuchs martin-fuchs at gmx.net
Sun Jun 8 12:16:11 CEST 2008

Hello,

thanks for the hint to use svnsync, I will give it a try. What is
currently exactly missing from explorer-new? I did not boot an up to
date ROS for a long time now. The problem with the source in the ROS
repository is, it get's a bit inaccessible over time. For example,
some time ago the VC project files have been deleted from the Wine
directory. So it's no more compilable as a single subproject - only as
part of the big build system. IBrowser is even not visible in a
branch, merely if you look into some old revision, as it was deleted
completely. I expect similar problems to happen also with ROS explorer
at some time in the future. You know I would still prefer an explorer
written in C++, but it seems most of you don't think this is the way
to go.
Currently I don't have any concrete plans to work on Explorer. It
became quite difficult to find and fix all those little bugs after the
base got stable - in conjunction with the GCC/MinGW restrictions.

Regards,

    Martin

--
Martin Fuchs