[ros-dev] Alternate shell?

João Jerónimo j_j_b_o_j at yahoo.com.br
Sat Jun 14 02:19:14 CEST 2008

Colin Finck wrote:
> Timo Kreuzer wrote:
>> I'd still vote for seperated shell and file manager.
>
> What are your reasons?
> And how do you want to accomplish that while retaining Windows
> compatibility?
> Many applications and also ReactOS already depend on "explorer.exe" being
> the shell and the file manager.

I don't know whether this has anything to do with the file manager being
incorporated with the desktop shell, but (in windows) I can't open the file
manager as another user (other than the one that is executing the shell).

If this really has anything to do with the file manager being incorporated
inside explorer, than I think they should be separated.

JJ