[ros-dev] when will I return Magnus Olsen aka GreatLord (gedmurphy)

Aleksey Bragin aleksey at reactos.org
Fri Jun 20 00:05:13 CEST 2008

On Jun 20, 2008, at 1:43 AM, Cameron Gutman wrote:

> I tested some of GreatLord's regressions and I can see how Aleksey
> would
> get angry about all the fixes he has to do to GreatLord's code, but
> GreatLord has fixed a whole lot more than he has broken and Fireball
> chasing around 'if (Foo == FALSE)' and changing it to 'if (!Foo)'
> seems
> pointless. We've got plenty of code formatted as 'if (Foo ==
> FALSE)' in
> the kernel that works great. Aleksey is making more work for
> himself by
> making needless changes to GreatLord's code. All that is needed is
> someone with commit access that is willing to correct GreatLord's
> comments. I don't have a problem with finding a regression of GL's
> here
> or there. Sure he should test his code before committing but as far as
> breakages, but his code usually correct and all coders create
> breakages
> one time or another.

This whole paragraph (except the first line) sounds greatlordish :).

Speaking of which, Magnus, why don't you participate in the
discussion yourself? You started it, so get into, say something, you
are being discussed here, so might be you could explain where I was
not right, or something.

But note, it was purely your decision to bring out the problem to
public, so enjoy the consequences yourself too. Speaking more global,
I think this story starts to make people tired, and is no fun.

I could easily get you a statistics of good vs. reverted, good vs.
buggy commits, and nice revert wars GL was doing, but this is
unethical and I won't do that.
It was our private problem between me and Magnus. And his will to
make a drama out of it turned against him. Pretty sad, but I did
everything to help, including my help, in my own time (most of the
time wasted on "needless" - haha - changes).

WBR,
Aleksey.