[ros-dev] Grievance

Aleksey Bragin aleksey at reactos.org
Tue Jun 24 12:05:36 CEST 2008

On Jun 24, 2008, at 2:21 AM, James Tabor wrote:

> 1) The Project Coordinator Should attempt to make decisions according
> to the consensus of the Project Members.
> Mr. Bragin is making procedural changes with out the full consensus of
> all Project Members.

When a so-called "audit" problem happened, it was almost the same
(personal problems between developers, namely Hartmut Birr, Ge van
Geldorp, Casper Hornstrup and Alex Ionescu, which resulted in mutual
charges of various bad and made up things, and gladly picked up by
some people related to Wine team to suppress ReactOS project
development).

And yes, James, there was a democracy back then, and all decisions
were made according to the consensus of Project Members.
But do you remember what this led to? And where would it go if Mr.
Geldorp would not help (even though he wasn't "at my side"!) and Mr.
Bragin would not back up the repository and open it up for further
development?

As for Repository Coordinator, why made up positions where there is
no need? Coordinate what? And yes, I not only assumed, but took full
control, in order to prevent situations like "audit fiasco" in future.

If you see how much outburst and disclosing private information
(vulnerable to at least one person!) Magnus Olsen did, it,
unfortunately!, proofs he's mentally unstable, and can not take part
in this project. He's welcome to send in patches though, I won't mind
reviewing them, since legally his work could go into ReactOS repository.

If there are further questions, don't hesitate to continue
discussion. I want to clear this up once and for good. One thing
which I ensure you, there will be no committers who work against the
project and open source.

With the best regards,
Aleksey Bragin.