[ros-dev] [ros-diffs] [greatlrd] 32652: part 2/2 for implement GetAppCompatFlags left todo implemented set AppCompatFlags

Aleksey Bragin aleksey at reactos.org
Tue Mar 11 16:41:54 CET 2008

Why did that big chunk of MS's support database text got into our
codebase? Even not edited, so that I can read up about "tax form 1040
would not print correctly" in ReactOS Source code? What is the use
from it?

If you wanted SO MUCH, you could at least edit it, or ask someone to
edit it for you (we have quite a few people in our team). But then, I
could insert half of WDK docs into the kernel source code and drivers
source code (which in fact would violate copyrights, since it would
not even be fair use).

Providing URL is quite enough, though, if I don't mistake (I'm not up
to date with their position), Wine is already removing URLs from
source code because they should be kept somewhere else. Source code
is source code, not a collector to store everything. There is no
point in sticking various garbage into reactos source code with a
note "so it doesn't get lost", we've come over that point quite a few
years ago.

With the best regards,
Aleksey Bragin.

On Mar 11, 2008, at 3:09 AM, greatlrd at svn.reactos.org wrote:

> Author: greatlrd
> Date: Mon Mar 10 19:09:23 2008
> New Revision: 32652

> Log:
> part 2/2 for implement GetAppCompatFlags
> left todo implemented set AppCompatFlags =
>

> Modified:
>     trunk/reactos/dll/win32/user32/misc/stubs.c
>
> +  /* NOTE : GetAppCompatFlags retuns which compatible flags should
> be send=
>  back =
>
> +   * the return value is any of http://support.microsoft.com/kb/82860
> +   * This text are direcly copy from the  MSDN URL, so it does not
> get lost
> +
> -=
> --------