[ros-dev] Job offer: Linux tool to create a valid Windows Registry hive file

Matthias Kupfer mkupfer at reactos.org
Wed Nov 19 23:07:50 CET 2008

Hello again,

Ged Murphy wrote on behalf of Filip:

> There was several hive format versions. For me the "old format" is
> the one that was used in pre NT4 version and that's the only one
> that couldn't be accessed by cmlib. As far as I know the "fast
> indexes" were added in W2K and that's really the only new feature
> that mkhive generates, so there's no reason why the hives wouldn't
> be Windows 2000 compatible.

Christoph told me that they already tried to use cmlib to generate the hives
and it didn't work, but I have no detailed information.

> The harder part is testing though. The best way to test the hives
> is to use the regedit Load Hive function and attached kernel
> debugger with breakpoint on the hive loading function.

It seems that there are some developers for this job, so I would reject my
offer...

Matthias

--
Matthias Kupfer          Telefon +49 (0) 371 236 46 52
Wilhelm-Firl-Straße 21   Mobil +49 (0) 160 859 43 54