[ros-dev] Brainstorming about testing team, roadmap and ReactOS usability

Timo Kreuzer timo.kreuzer at web.de
Wed Apr 8 21:24:18 CEST 2009

One of the current issues that makes ReactOS completely useless for real
stuff is not that it cannot run app X or game Y or doesn't support my
network adapter. The most annoying thing is it's instability.
You have no chance to use any of the great features, because most likely
reactos crashes before you are at that point.
Try downloading something that is > 300MB, or installing a bigger
application... good luck :(
It just crashes way too often. We all know our crappy Cc and yes, I know
win32k also crashes from time to time.
And after a crash it's quite likely that things don't work anymore  (for
example downloader) and you need to reinstall reactos. If we could fix
that, the system would look much better than it does today.
Before a 0.4, we should start a stability offensive.
It would also improve developing, because the crashes can really be a
pain when it comes to testing something. Excessive testing is more or
less impossible, because of all the crashes.

Just my 2 cents,
Timo