[ros-dev] [ros-diffs] [fireball] 40430: - Make it possible to assign drive letters to all partitions, not only to the first partition of a primary partition table. - Make AssignDriveLetters in partlist.c to actually assign drive letters to all partitions found (the list corresponds to how Windows 2003 install CD assign driver letters, but more investigation would not hurt). - Make CheckActiveBootPartition actually search for partition with a boot flag, instead of hardcoding it to partition 0 of disk 0. - Fix SetMountedDeviceValues to take multiple partitions in a partition table into account. - Fix Select Partition, Format Partition, Check File System, Delete Partition interface page to take partition number into account. - IMPORTANT: Create/Delete partitions must not be used to repartition the harddrive! They can only be used to create/delete an initial primary partition on a clean harddisk.

Aleksey Bragin aleksey at reactos.org
Thu Apr 9 22:18:11 CEST 2009

It's a stoneage "bug", which was present from the very beginning of
ReactOS's installer (usetup) - it read, recognized and could be
installed only on the first primary partition. Now, after my today's
commits it recognizes and could be installed to any primary
partition. Extended partitions logic was not changed, was not tested
and hopefully didn't regress (if it was existing at all).

However, there is still a bug preventing booting ReactOS from non-
first partition, probably due to incorrect freeldr.ini. Everyone is
welcome to have a look and try to fix it.

Also, very important, don't use create/delete partition functionality
- it's good only to create or delete only one primary partition. If
you use it with multiple primary partitions, it's gonna mess up
everything. Again, patches are welcome.

WBR,
Aleksey Bragin.