[ros-dev] Release testing apps list issues

Aleksey Bragin aleksey at reactos.org
Sat Apr 25 13:51:33 CEST 2009

I agree with Olaf, if everyone adds their own bits to the list, we
are never going to release even 0.3.9, not to say 1.0. Things must be
prioritized. And if e.g. Lmarbles doesn't work, it may be considered
of a very low priority, and just excluded from the downloader list.

In my opinion, we should maintain a "Golden apps" list, which are
known to work in ReactOS, and mandatory test them during every
release cycle. If anyone of them is regressed - release won't go. If
any other app out of the list regressed - it's not a blocker and we
move on.

Now, to the question who maintains the golden apps list. I think
developers, and certainly listening to testers. But not everyone at
once adding their favorites apps as it happened now with 0.3.9
testing wikipage, and what made Olaf (and me) furious.

This is especially important if we are going to shrink release cycle
further, and make release process smooth and fast, like it is
supposed to be for our development status.

WBR,
Aleksey Bragin.