[ros-dev] Development plans for May

François Revol revol at free.fr
Tue Apr 28 21:09:44 CEST 2009

Hi,

> - USB support for keyboard and mouse devices. Right now, it needs
> fixing the rare crash during booting (bug is bugzilled, comment
> explaining how to solve the problem is attached, some investigation
> remains), and more testing on real hardware.

The USB webcam project wasn't picked up for GSoC, but the offer still
stands, once you get enough USB support :)

> - Sound support: Johannes knows best, but getting any progress with
> sound by 0.3.10 release date is greatly appreciated.

Same, I'd be happy to help porting OSSv4 to get you more drivers :)

> - Videocards support: Olaf performs some tesitng and bugreporting.
> Third party drivers support is rather weak, http://www.reactos.org/
> wiki/index.php/Supported_Hardware/Video_cards , and usually is
> limited by VMWare's video driver which is being one of the most
> supported through the ReactOS development history.

Btw, svn version of QEMU (I should say git now, the aGITated devs
switched from svn...) now supports vmware video.

François.