[ros-dev] [ros-diffs] [dchapyshev] 42694: - Add README.ENG - Change rapps.cab to rappmgr.cab (in CreateCabFile.bat)

Colin Finck mail at colinfinck.de
Sat Aug 15 16:44:13 CEST 2009

dchapyshev at svn.reactos.org wrote:
> Modified: trunk/reactos/base/applications/rapps/CreateCabFile.bat

If you want to create a raw CAB file, you should rather try the "cabinet"
module of rbuild (see /trunk/reactos/media/vgafonts/vgafonts.rbuild for an
example).

Though I'm certainly in favor of a solution involving multiple plain XML
files (instead of several INI-like files put into a single cabinet) if this
is going to become a client/server system in the future. This would make it
more flexible and we could think about future usages such as showing that
application database on a website.
Reading XML shouldn't be that hard to implement considering that probably no
other source tree contains as many XML libraries as ours ;-)

After all, I think that rapps is a step in the right direction! :-)

Best regards,

Colin