[ros-dev] Regarding Bug 4810 and building the evil GCC 4.4

James Tabor jimtabor.rosdev at gmail.com
Mon Aug 24 02:19:26 CEST 2009

So, basically the answer is no, this is not a RosBE issue.

On Sun, Aug 23, 2009 at 5:36 PM, Daniel
Reimer<daniel.reimer at stud-mail.uni-wuerzburg.de> wrote:
> James Tabor wrote:
>> Is this RosBE 1.4.4 problem?
>>
> What is rosbe 1.4.4 problem? I build GCC with msys and GCC 3.4.5, so no
> rosbe here. The patches were in rosbe, yes. ANd the Ntoskrnl error is in
> rosbe, but as mentioned in the report with MinGW's official GCC 4.4.0
> binaries.

You are using RosBE patches to create a new compiler under windows and
you are running into problems using this new compiler building ReactOS
ntoskrnl. That is how I read the bug report....... It's not much to
read I see.....

So technically this is a nice way for you to request help from us
since you are using RosBE as an example for building your new
compiler?.?...

Are you trying to build a newer RosBE in support of the ReactOS
project? If so, should the bug report be under something else other
than Component: Kernel? Since the supported RosBE does work for the
rest of us....

I understand being thrust rated after weeks of work and looking at
everything and coming up with nothing to gain from it! Hacking your
ass off to the better end! So next time please be more informative and
let us know more what your are trying to do. Don't blame the ReactOS
kernel for a compiler issue too!

Thanks,
James