[ros-dev] GCC 4.4

Alex Ionescu ionucu at videotron.ca
Tue Aug 25 04:12:08 CEST 2009

Hi,

I'd be curious about how you solved these issues:

modules\rostests\dxtest\ddraw\testlist.cpp:29: error: deprecated
conversion from string constant to 'CHAR*'
base\shell\explorer\shell\pane.cpp:58: error: deprecated conversion
from string constant to 'WCHAR*'
modules\rosapps\applications\devutils\gdb2\gdb2.cpp:97: error:
deprecated conversion from string constant to 'char*'
modules\rostests\dxtest\ddraw\/debug.cpp:8: error: deprecated
conversion from string constant to 'CHAR*'
modules\rostests\dxtest\ddraw\/Surface/caps_tests.h:8: error:
deprecated conversion from string constant to 'char*'

And especially:

modules\rostests\winetests\kernel32\thread.c:22:1: warning:
"_WIN32_WINNT" redefined
(and similar)

And also the linker errors regarding unwind functions in C++, and the
lack of a libgcc? How were you able to build ntoskrnl when the
function to make the stack executable imports from VirtualProtect?

Thanks!