[ros-dev] GCC 4.4

Dmitry Gorbachev d.g.gorbachev at gmail.com
Tue Aug 25 21:48:32 CEST 2009

> Overwriting constant strings is a very real error and should be fixed.
> Code like this would crash in Windows, for example.

These warnings do not mean overwriting, simply passing a string
constant to a function which takes char *; a potential, not
necessarily a real error. It is allowed in C, not in C++.

Of course, it would be good to check all warnings, some can be bugs.
Not all useful warnings are included in -Wall. It may be worth to
activate more.

But warnings should not deter from adoption of GCC 4.4.

> So as I said, ReactOS need an in-tree version of libgcc with proper
> support for __enable_execute_stack for kernel-mode.

It is not needed in user-mode, too. Nested functions are only used by
PSEH2, and it works well without __enable_execute_stack()