[ros-dev] [ros-diffs] [dgorbachev] 39422: Fix bug #4129 in CmpGetNameControlBlock().

Zachary Gorden drakekaizer666 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 16 20:30:32 CET 2009

I agree with the requirement for the parenthesis, simply because it helps
separate the various conditions that are being tested for.  Even looking at
the code without braces, you should be questioning exactly what is going on
in there since you generally don't do assignments inside if statements.  The
fact that the compiler failed to catch it because of the parenthesis doesn't
excuse a programmer from not seeing the problem.  I personally would never
assume that a dev intended to do an assignment just because he or she put
parenthesis around such a statement, I would automatically assume they
messed up typing and left off a = in the check.