[ros-dev] Let's push winetests farther!

Jérôme Gardou jerome.gardou at laposte.net
Thu Jul 23 15:34:23 CEST 2009

I think I should explain more precisely what I want to do :
My goal is to make all kernel32:file winetests pass. What I plan to do
is : getting the current implementation pass this tests on winXP. I
don't really care if the stuff made to avoid crashes is not applied, but
the functional cahnges should, IMO, get into trunk. Currently, there are
120+ tests that don't pass. The goal is to get this number to 0.

As a side effect, it *might* make more tests pass in reactOS, although I
expect the number of failures to increase. Once it is done, as making
ntdll work on winXP/2003 would require too much work, I plan to use the
native winXP fat driver in reactOS, and fix ntoskrnl to get them right.
(whether reactOS will boot with it is another story, and fixes for that
would be very positive IMO)

Final step would be to fix the fastfat driver...
Regards
Jérôme Gardou (aka zefklop)