[ros-dev] rosapps

Timo Kreuzer timo.kreuzer at web.de
Thu Mar 12 18:30:09 CET 2009

If we continue the clean rebuild method for RosBuild, the only way to
reduce build time is removing stuff from the build.
If we stuff everything in trunk and just switch it off in the config
file it will lead to missing functionality in the iso's.
So I'd rather suggest seperating stuff from trunk, moving it into
rosapps or whatever and then rebuild only the tree where the last commit
went to, while still putting the other stuff into the iso. We should
also avoid compiling trunk on branch commits, a functionality I miss
since a long time.
But we would need to make the modules independ from trunk then. Wich
would finally lead to seperate the import libraries from the modules.
IMO in the long run a much greater seperation is needed. Having multiple
independend trees, each being individually recompiled on a change. (See
my earlier mail or sedwards' mail)

I also don't like the idea of removing everything that is in rosapps.
There's a lot of stuff that shouldn't go to trunk, but still has it's
right to exist somewhere in our sources.

I second the divide into 3 solution.

Timo