[ros-dev] RosBE 1.4.2 and its problems

Daniel Reimer daniel.reimer at stud-mail.uni-wuerzburg.de
Tue May 12 12:11:02 CEST 2009

Hi,

as many ppl already found out, we have some problems with RosBE 1.4.2
for Windows on some machines. Most problems are a result of the idea to
keep the Original Path Variable + extending it. Before that we fully
replaced it. Well If there are () in the Paths, we have a problem. Batch
thinks the ) is for it to interpret and closes the right now open block.
This is really bad as you might imagine. Well. Colin ran through the
scripts these days and heavily cleaned up the mess we had resulting from
being modified by several ppl over the last years. He reduced the code
lines of some scripts by ~60%. But before I release anything, I want it
to be tested FULLY and by MORE than one person (me). I got some not that
nice and partially insulting EMails because RosBE failed for the ppl.
The consequence is that 1.4.2 will be the latest Version until ~10 ppl
tested the FULL functionality of the Scripts and report bugs and
requests. Here or in the Forums, I don't care.

I post all news in the Forums and paste the Reports written in here to
there too. http://www.reactos.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=6898

Thx for reading.