[ros-dev] Integration of ultracopier to reactOS

Love Nystrom love.nystrom at gmail.com
Mon Nov 2 06:14:48 CET 2009

alpha_one_x86 wrote:
> On Monday 02 November 2009 05:38:01 Love Nystrom wrote:
>
>> Well for starters, Windows Explorer aborts the entire copy list as soon
>> as it hits any little snag, instead of continuing with the rest of the files in the list.
>> This behavior is of course totally unacceptable, but MS won't fix it.
>>
>> I think ReactOS can do better, but not at the cost of pulling in Qt et.al.
>> We should (naturally) use pure Win32 and native threads.
>>

> I agrea with you.
> For example if intergration of software like supercopier it's 1MB more + 2KB
> on the explorer, but need wait respect the standard (both supercopier, and
> reactOS explorer)

IMO a basic improvement can be achieved with even less.
Just a change in the (Explorer) error handling during copying of
multiple files.
I.e continue copying instead of going belly up.

I feel like looking into it as soon as my new environment is ready,
but anyone with "knowledge of the country" and a functioning setup is of
course
most welcome to beat me to it ;-)

Rock on // Love

__________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 4563 (20091101) __________