[ros-dev] I need help fixing rbuild and testing builds on *nix machines!

Eric Kohl eric.kohl at t-online.de
Fri Apr 23 15:09:32 CEST 2010

Hi Alesey,

the patch isnt't that large so I attached it.

Here is a description about how to build and test the new inflib:

The modification consists of three parts:
1) newinflib.zip: Contains the newinflib library and should be extracted
  in the lib directory.
2) newinflib.diff: Contains the required changes to the existing files
and should be applied to the projects root directory.
3) rbuild.diff: Contains the changes to build rbuild using newinflib
instead of inflib. This file should be applied to the projects root
directory.

After extracting newinflib.zip and applying newinflib.diff usetup and
mkhive will use newinflib instead of inflib. You can test this by
booting a newly built BootCD or LiveCD after converting a
boot/bootdata/hive*_i386.inf file to Unicode.

After applying rbuild.diff rbuild will fail to build because
syssetupgenerator.cpp needs to be converted to use the Unicode API.

In order to test if rbuild handles Unicode files correctly you can
convert media/inf/syssetup.inf.tpl to Unicode and run a full rebuild.
The generated file output-i386/media/inf/syssetup.inf should be a
Unicode file.

Please let me know if you have any further questions!

Regards
Eric