[ros-dev] MyReactOS: A Proof of Concept

victor martinez vicmarcal at hotmail.com
Sat Aug 14 15:50:14 UTC 2010

Hello everyone!

In the latest 6 months, Niski and I have been working on a testing ground/proof of concept of a ReactOS community site, currently called the ReactOS Portal.

The idea of a ReactOS community site has been floating around for years due to the fact that our followers (Users and Non-Users) keep expecting more info and more features.

For this purpose, and having in mind that a ReactOS community site needs to focus on the followers' needs, we've created a light, eyecandy, easy to maintain Drupal-based site, to serve as a testing ground, and also as a proof of concept for the ReactOS Community idea.

Despite the fact that the community site is mainly targeted towards the project followers, we didn't forget our developers and official testers needs. We've already included some (hopefully) useful features, and we welcome ideas and suggestions.

The community site is made for everyone, by everyone.

To avoid quite a lengthy email, we'll enumerate the Top Features we've added. We've also prepared a PDF and a Video, that you can download from this URL:
http://download.myreactos.com/?dir=Vicmarcal )

************ALL+IN+1***********
All the info in ONE click (latest blog posts, forum replies, commits, ML posts and wiki activity)

******Multiblogging System*****
Several blogs, managed from just one Blogging System. Easy to post and maintain.

***********IRC-CHAT************
An integrated IRC client for the ReactOS communiy.

*********Contact Page**********
Redesigned, full of info.

**************FAQ*************
A much more user oriented FAQ with new Tester and Translator sections.

************RosKarma***********
A new forum module : "More Karma an User has, more reliable he is" and a new Autobanning System : "Bye,bye Trolls".

*********Answered Post*********
Another new forum module : Answered topics turn Green(easy to spot) and get locked ("No more Necromancy").

***********Rosquests***********
Another new Forum module : "Use Forum Users skills for ReactOS project".
How? Read the PDF or watch the video for more details.

**********MultivideoBox********
"An image is worth than thousand words".
Videotutorials, ReactOS presentations... and much more.

*******Social Networking*******
"Facebook, Vimeo, Youtube, and Tweeter integration".

And after getting some feedback we've added more features :

***Unlimited/Free FTP account***
Now Official Developers/Testers can have FTP accounts to easily and conveniently share ReactOS ISOs (or any other files).

We're also considering integrating the Software Compatibility Database into the Portal.

We hope you like it, your feedback is very important, so that we can create a comfortable, highly efficient Community Site.
More info in the Video+PDF: http://download.myreactos.com/?dir=Vicmarcal

Thanks to all the ReactOS members that are joining, posting and translating. Thanks to everyone involved ;)

Victor Martinez Calvo
Maciej Bialas

www.myreactos.com